Product Leader - Business Products (Remote)
- Toronto, Canada
Millions of consumers use Yelp to connect with a great local business, whether that’s a mom-and-pop shop or an international brand like Starbucks. In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team of product managers to create compelling, revenue-generating, only-on-Yelp experiences for both consumers and businesses. We are looking for a Group Product Manager to lead a team of PMs which focus on the business owner experience at various stages from first contact through the purchase of multi-million dollar advertising campaigns. Business products make up 95% of Yelp’s revenue, so this is an impactful role at an important moment for the company.
The team you’ll work with is scrappy, nimble, and fun. The culture at Yelp is a unique environment combining the best parts of being at a startup with the stability and resources of a successful public company. You’ll have full ownership of the product you’re working on and will be able to make fast decisions in a highly collaborative manner.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
This opportunity is fully remote and does not require you to be located in the Toronto region. We welcome applicants from throughout Ontario to apply.
What you will do:
- Lead the Enterprise Business Products team in Toronto, including overall metrics, business impact, product vision and roadmap.
- Hire and develop a team of Product Managers into strong leaders and help your team craft their objectives, KPIs and roadmaps.
- Use data, market, and customer research to define a product roadmap with a focus on generating revenue for the business.
- Communicate the vision, strategy and roadmap with executive leadership in San Francisco, Hamburg and Toronto.
- Be an ambassador for your team and their initiatives both inside Yelp with other teams and stakeholders, and outside Yelp in the advertising industry with customers and partners.
We Are Looking For:
- Multiple years of hands-on experience delivering highly successful and innovative products that drive impact and revenue.
- Experience leading a team of PMs: You are personally invested in coaching, mentoring and making great PMs even better.
- Focused on building businesses, not features: Entrepreneurial experience building and leading businesses, including ownership and optimization of business performance metrics.
- Creative thinking: You can define the right goals to drive a business successfully and can bring creative thinking to deliver against those goals.
- Biased toward action: You are constantly pushing for alignment and execution. You are scrappy and you encourage your team to be resourceful as well.
- You set a high bar for your own contributions and the people you work with. You work well with others, and they are always excited to have you on their team.
- You are passionate about Yelp’s mission of connecting people with great local businesses, and already have ideas about how to make those connections stronger.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top