Product Designer (Remote)
- Toronto, Canada
We’re in the process of transforming design at Yelp and searching for a remote Product Designer ready to take the next step in their career. You’ll have ownership of the design of the product you’re working on, and will collaborate with product managers, engineers, writers, researchers, and other designers to make quick decisions in a highly collaborative environment.
Yelp is the best source of knowledge about local businesses. At Yelp, you'll have the opportunity to have a real impact on a product that hundreds of millions of consumers trust to discover and engage with businesses in their community!
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
This opportunity is fully remote and does not require you to be located in any particular region. We welcome applicants from throughout Canada.
Where You Come In:
- You’ll translate quantitative and qualitative insights into high quality product experiences that drive results.
- You’ll be a champion of our users, and act as a facilitator of design thinking in the organization.
- You’ll influence and shape the product by collaborating closely with cross-functional partners.
- You’ll build business context to prioritize your work and identify new opportunities that best position Yelp to execute on its goals.
- You’ll champion changes that enable strong growth and execution of Yelp Product Design.
- You’ll build community internally, seek group success over your own, and advocate for Yelp’s values.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have 2+ years experience in using design practices and skills that result in high quality work.
- You know how to thoughtfully design complex products for scale working with an evolving design system.
- You are a strong communicator, clearly articulating decisions and managing both giving and receiving feedback well.
- You are comfortable estimating, tracking, and delivering projects of increasing complexity over time.
- You have experience designing for consumer-facing or business-facing products across multiple platforms.
Send us examples of some of your recent design work and tell us why you want to join Yelp!
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top