Product Designer (m/f/d)
We're looking for a seasoned designer that can create world-class user experiences that solve real problems in an elegant way.
Yelp is the best source of knowledge about local businesses. At Yelp, you'll have the opportunity to have a real impact on a product that hundreds of millions of consumers trust to discover and engage with local businesses!
As a Product Designer, you'll be responsible for UI/UX design and IxD but also play a key role in ideation, roadmapping, analysis, feature design, and the quality of our products. The team you’ll work with is small, nimble and has a direct impact across the whole product platform.
The culture at Yelp is a unique environment combining the best parts of being at a startup with the stability and resources of a successful public company. You’ll have full ownership of the design of the product you’re working on, and will collaborate with product managers, engineers, and other designers to make quick decisions in a highly collaborative environment. Our office is based in central Hamburg, within walking distance of Jungfernstieg and the Alster. Join us and be one of the personalities that makes Yelp culture awesome.
What You Will Do:
- Create meaningful experiences by delivering UX,UI & IxD.
- Own and ideate mobile & web products end to end to accomplish bold goals.
- Critically analyze the success of your solutions and iterate.
- Lead design projects to create high fidelity, customer validated design artifacts.
- Play a key role in the visual design of our language and patterns.
- Collaborate closely with product managers and engineers.
What We Are Looking For:
- Several years experience creating delightful and engaging products.
- Solid portfolio with a history of impactful designs.
- Expert with design tools (e.g. Sketch, Zeplin, Principle, Figma, Creative Cloud) to produce wireframes, high fidelity mockups and prototypes.
- Experience providing overall creative direction for larger projects.
- Track record of working on enterprise solutions.
- Experience partnering with UX Research to amplify research and design impact.
- The ability to communicate with engineers and product managers effectively.
- A creative mindset with a drive to solve complex problems.
- You should love Yelp, but also be able to tell us what we're doing wrong.
What We Offer:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 30 days paid vacation per year
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Thursdays
- Regular 2-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in events and conferences throughout Europe
- Complementary elective German lessons for international employees
- Subsidization of your public transportation card and €50 per month toward any exercise of your choice
- Monthly personal development allowance
- Central location, a fully stocked kitchen, adjustable sitting/standing desks, team events, happy hours, foosball, and more!
Please also send any examples of your design accomplishments and why you want to join the Yelp Team.
Back to top