Product Designer - Marketplace
Ready to take your design skills to the next level? We’re looking for a senior Product Designer with 5+ years of related experience to join our growing Product Design team at Yelp HQ in San Francisco. As a Product Designer and member of the Marketplace team, you’ll lead projects that support the core product from both the consumer and business sides, as well as internal apps and blue-sky projects in new verticals as we continue to grow. You’ll partner with other Product Designers, UXR, PMs, engineers and other cross-functional partners while helping to raise the quality bar for design across the organization.
Yelp is a multi-sided marketplace that connects users with everything from restaurants to local service professionals for any project. We’re more than just food, and on the Marketplace team, we're redefining the ways that hundreds of millions of consumers discover, interact and transact with great local businesses everywhere.
Whether your strengths are in research, visual design or interaction, you have a deep understanding of what it takes to build thoughtful experiences and the passion to develop solutions that help grow local businesses.
Where You Come In:
- You will deliver on the end-to-end design process; translating quantitative and qualitative insights into high quality experiences that drive real results.
- You will influence and shape the product by partnering closely with PMs, Engineering, Data Science and UX Research.
- You will rapidly ideate, concept and prototype solutions at the right level of fidelity, with the right tools.
- You will receive critique gracefully and provide thoughtful critique to others.
- You will act as a facilitator of design thinking in the organization.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have 5+ years experience creating delightful and engaging products.
- You have the ability to clearly articulate design decisions, along with sound rationale to support them.
- You work well within existing visual and UX patterns and you understand when to extend them; you can design for scale with the entire system in mind.
- You consider yourself to be a strong communicator, and are comfortable seeking and receiving feedback.
- You are well-versed in the design toolkit; you know when to use the right tool at the right time.
- You have experience designing for consumer and business-facing products across multiple platforms.
What You'll Get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental
- 15 days PTO (increases with tenure) and 11 paid holidays
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Access to fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Flexible spending account
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top