Product Analyst - Restaurant Marketplaces
Want to help drive product strategy for Yelp products?
Yelp’s mission is to connect people with great local businesses. Our Restaurant Marketplaces group is dedicated to transforming the dining out experience for both diners and restaurants.
We are looking for a talented product analyst who can help us drive product strategy for our Waitlist and Reservations products. Partnering with product managers, data scientists, engineers, design, and other key stakeholders, you will use data to truly understand the impact that our products have on our consumers (diners) and restaurant customers. This role will report to the Restaurant Strategy & Operations team manager.
Yelp’s products are used and loved by millions of people every day. At Yelp, you’ll have an opportunity to make a real impact on a product you actually use. The team you’ll work with is scrappy, nimble, and fun. The culture at Yelp is a unique environment combining the best parts of being at a startup with the stability and resources of a successful public company.
Where You Come In:
- You will assess opportunities and problems to drive product prioritization and strategy
- You will refine ambiguous questions and generate new hypotheses through a deep understanding of the data, our consumers (diners), and our restaurant customers
- You will create and socialize key metrics, reports, and dashboards
- You will evaluate the impact of new product features in collaboration with product managers
- You will collaborate with data scientists and engineers to ensure and improve data availability, integrity, accuracy, and reliability
- You will forecast and report upon key product-related business metrics to provide planning accuracy and visibility to stakeholders
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have 5+ years of industry experience in data analytics. B2C marketplace experience preferred
- You hold an undergraduate degree in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field preferred
- You have advanced SQL and spreadsheets expertise, as well as experience in a scripting language for analysis (R, Python, etc) and in data visualization (Tableau)
- You have the ability to manipulate large, unstructured data sets, with a willingness to get your hands dirty with messy data to identify product opportunities and uncover insights
- You have a strong storytelling ability to distill interesting and buried insights into a compelling, concise narrative
- You've got the ability to communicate and manage relationships effectively with stakeholders coming from technical and non-technical backgrounds
- You're passionate and attentive self-starter with amazing follow-through - you have a great work ethic and love the responsibilities from being personally empowered
- You're an excellent team player who is comfortable working in a high-growth, constantly changing environment
What You'll Get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental
- 15 days PTO (increases with tenure) and 11 paid holidays
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Access to fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Flexible spending account
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top