People Operations Business Partner
Yelp is looking for a People Operations Business Partner to join our team. You will be part of a very dynamic team of Business Partners to help grow the Business Partner function at Yelp while maintaining and improving our engaging and inclusive culture.
As an Business Partner, you are responsible for solving complex organizational challenges through people solutions. You’ll be a catalyst in connecting the Yelp People Operations agenda with the business strategy of the departments you support. You’ll accomplish this through deep understanding of the business and thought leadership. If you’re excited about thinking big, using data to drive decisions, being comfortable challenging conventions, and recommending new solutions, this is the gig for you. You will partner cross-functionally with COEs and business leaders to design and execute Yelp’s strategy for how we staff, develop, engage, retain and organize work.
Where you come in:
- You will be an operational expert of the departments you support.
- You will be a liaison between the business and People Ops COEs to ensure sound, consistent processes, procedures and initiatives.
- You will act as a change agent to ensure smooth adoption and clear communication with employees.
- You will offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution, provide insightful data to guide decision-making, and recommend proactive solutions.
- You will solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex, and design and quickly implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines.
- You will provide expertise in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs, and strategic development.
- You will build strong partnerships with client groups at all levels.
- You will maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reduce legal risks and ensure regulatory compliance; partner with Yelp’s Legal team as required.
What it takes to succeed:
- You have a minimum of 5 years of relevant Business Partner experience.
- You have a demonstrated understanding of HRBP practices including organization design, talent strategy, performance management, change management and executive relationship building.
- You have a deep understanding of employment law.
- You have a track record of providing HR advice and solutions to senior leaders on employee and organizational issues
- You have knowledge and experience in technology businesses.
- Knowledge of Workday a plus.
- You have demonstrated integrity via assertiveness, presence, and confidence.
- You have strong influencing skills with managers and leaders; flexibility needed to be proactive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- You have the ability to make timely, effective, principle-based decisions.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills; an articulate and persuasive communicator including strong presentation skills; some analytical and problem solving abilities.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related area preferred.
What You’ll Get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental
- 15 days PTO (increases with tenure) and 11 paid holidays (per year)
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Access to fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Flexible spending account
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top