Yelp is seeking a payroll superstar to join the Payroll Team as the Coordinator! This is a hands-on position responsible for all payroll and related responsibilities working closely with accounting, finance, and HR functions. The successful applicant will be joining a fun, fast paced, high-growth company and will be involved in the on-going building and improving of payroll processes.
The Payroll Coordinator should be able to demonstrate the ability to work on and prioritize multiple tasks while meeting goals and deadlines, with a strong customer service orientation and good attention to detail. In addition, the ideal candidate must have strong communication skills, be team oriented, and have confidence in dealing with people at all organizational levels within Yelp.
Where You Come In:
- You will process miscellaneous off-cycle checks including final paychecks, severance, etc.
- You will resolve internal/external employee inquiries in a timely manner
- You will support internal and external payroll audit requests
- You will assist manager with special projects as required
- You will stay knowledgeable on Payroll industry updates
- You will assist with payroll processing for biweekly payroll
- You will assist in Payroll Monthly/Quarterly Close process
- You will assist in Payroll Year-End Close process
- You will demonstrate excellent customer service when communicating with employees
What It Takes To Succeed:
- You must have a minimum of 1-2 years full-cycle payroll experience -- Required
- You have experience using Workday -- Preferred
- You are able to prioritize multiple projects, goals and deadlines
- You have an understanding of payroll related deductions (Commuter Benefits, FSA, ESPP, 401k contributions, Stock transactions, etc.)
- You have the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- You have an understanding of FLSA rules
- You are knowledgeable about regulations for multi-state employers
- You are team oriented and able to work with employees at all levels
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
- You are able to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality
- You have a college degree -- Preferred
What You'll Get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (increases with tenure) and 11 paid holidays
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Access to fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Flexible spending account
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top