Partner Sales Director (Remote, West Region)
- Seattle, WA
*Please note that while this role will operate remotely, it is required that the candidate resides in the West Region and within 50 miles of a major airport. States included in Yelp's defined West Region include: California, Hawaii, Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.* #LI-REMOTE
Looking to kick things up a notch? Yelp is seeking a tenacious, sales professional with a proven track record of success in a fast-paced, high growth company to join Yelp’s newest division, Agency & Partner Sales.
This entrepreneurial leader will build relationships with senior executives across the local advertising industry, launch and grow existing relationships, and execute cross-functional partnerships with direct visibility into Yelp's senior management.
The primary responsibility of the Partner Sales Director is to acquire new business for Yelp by developing relationships with Agencies & 3rd parties focused on the SMB market. These Agencies partner with Yelp to resell and buy Yelp’s local products.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the ability to quickly understand the business and demonstrate the value of Yelp’s product offering and partnership program. This position requires a highly motivated and energetic individual who possesses the ability to develop strategic relationships and generate new business. The ideal candidate takes a consultative approach to sales - understanding agency models and uncovering the needs and decision criteria of your prospects. Above all, you will be responsible for hitting your revenue targets.
Sound like you? Keep reading.
Where You Come in:
- You will establish a collaborative business relationship between Yelp and SMB (primarily local) agencies and their advertisers.
- You will consistently deliver new partner-driven revenue every quarter, exceeding sales targets.
- You will lead the partnership and deal-origination process, managing each step from strategy/planning, pipeline development, outreach, implementation, and ongoing growth.
- You will create consultative sales presentations to demonstrate how Yelp’s advertising products can be leveraged to connect with consumers.
- You will represent Yelp as a spokesperson and evangelist at industry events.
- You will contribute to evolving vision of Yelp's advertising partner program.
- You will develop and manage partner relationships to ensure over-achievement of assigned goals.
- You will identify new agency partnerships which will meet Yelp partner compliance as needed to meet growth expectations.
- You will map out agency structure and identify key decision makers, budget owners and the agencies’ decision making process.
- You will engage with agencies on an ongoing basis to foster relationships, validate advertisers needs and keep Yelp’s partnership top of mind.
- You will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to drive revenue growth with new customers.
- You will come to work each day with a positive attitude and ready to win.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have a minimum 7+ years of experience in agency & partnership or channel sales, BD or digital sales role
- You preferably have experience with advertising products, APIs, and channel programs across the industry (e.g. Google, Bing, Facebook)
- You have demonstrated success in hitting sales goals in a previous position
- You have a strong network of tech industry contacts, ranging from startups to established brands.
- You have influential communication skills in all forms: written, presentations, negotiations, and listening.
- You have a passion for Yelp’s product, as well as other consumer internet/mobile products.
- You have a flexible, startup mindset, and ability to operate within a very dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- You consider yourself to be self-motivated, a team player and have a strong drive to exceed targets
- You are okay with travel as needed
What You'll Get:
- Available your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (Employee-only plans available at no cost to the employee)
- 15 days PTO per year for first 2 years of employment (accrual begins on date of hire); number of PTO days increases after 2 years of tenure, 5 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
Back to top