Marketing Assistant - Chicago
- Loves to write! Strong writing background and ability to meet deadlines
- Social connector. You are the hub of your social world. You know everyone. Everyone knows you. The fun one. Diplomatic, too.
- Marketing maven. Ability to plan, build and execute marketing partnerships with community organizations and events. Creative. Outgoing. Social.
- You reside in Chicago area and consider yourself a local expert.
About the job:
- Writing. Write locally compelling newsletters weekly as well as persuasive pitches to newsletter sponsors and more!
- Marketing outreach. Connect with the right local organizations; barter weekly newsletter sponsorships for promotion of Yelp.
- Event planning. Conceptualize, negotiate, plan and execute cool, fun and buzz-worthy (big wow factor!) events/parties.
- Communication. Be accountable with stellar communication to your Community Manager, brand ambassadors, interns and those who support you at Yelp HQ.
So What Are Some Possible Responsibilities of a Yelp Marketing Assistant?
- Helping develop, organize and execute marketing events (parties, happy hours) and guerilla marketing programs (festivals, street ambushes, etc).
- Co-managing the Twitter handle.
- Keeping Yelp clean with on-site projects, writing and researching.
- Online community building.
Other fun requirements:
- 4-year college/university degree.
- Currently living, eating, breathing (or working) in Chicago.
- Experience with social networking, social media, guerilla marketing tactics, and event planning.
- THIS IS A PART-TIME POSITION. Flexible 20 hours per week.
- Marketing assistants must be 21+ and have reliable transportation and own laptop.
Ready to apply? Submit the following (all required):
- Cover letter/note showcasing your writing skills and general personality and style.
- Resume showcasing your relevant experience.
- A link to your (full and interesting) Yelp profile – this is your writing sample, so make it snappy!
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Jorge creates new artifacts and features for Yelp’s website. He makes sure that tools are scalable, and that Yelp can support the increase in traffic as it expands around the world.
Back to top