Market Manager, Yelp Restaurants
Love to dine out? Passionate about the industry and helping restaurants succeed? Yelp Reservations and Yelp Waitlist are powerful tools for amazing dining experiences. Our reservation and waitlist platform reaches and engages diners with an unforgettable experience on the largest restaurant discovery platform on the planet. Whether you’re planning two weeks or 20 minutes in advance, our mission is to empower diners to browse and book a table at a restaurant they will love.
The Yelp for Restaurants team is seeking a self-motivated, creative and highly analytical Market Manager to bring Yelp Waitlist to the world.
In this role, you will be responsible for building out the overall strategy for winning the best restaurants in our top priority markets as well as launching new markets. This is a fast paced, business-side startup role where no two days are the same. To excel you have to be entrepreneurial, self-motivated, have exceptional relationship-building skills, strong sales acumen and be highly analytical.
Where You Come In:
- Strategy: You will consistently innovate and execute on unique strategies to win the top restaurants in our priority markets. You will create and own workflows that keep launch projects on track from beginning to end.
- You will develop a deep understanding of the market and communicate actionable insights that inform our launch and go-to-market decisions. Identify launch partners, build relationships with key players in the market, conduct prospect interviews and support sales to win the top restaurants.
- You will experiment: You will use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from restaurant selection to sales approach to diner behavior in new markets.
- You will drive on-the-ground sales and marketing initiatives: You’ll be responsible for all on-the-ground sales and marketing initiatives, including creating sales and marketing collateral, defining the sales process and organizing launch events.
- You will monitor and report on key performance metrics: You’ll be responsible for monitoring and reporting on key metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, and dig into root causes to understand and address emerging trends.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have 4+ years of experience in consulting, operations, sales or marketing
- You're excited by working in a fast-paced, high-growth company
- You are able to build relationships and work effectively cross-functionally
- You have a strong interest in helping restaurant owners succeed
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, can do attitude and willingness to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- You have had experience in an early stage startup (a plus)
What You'll Get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental
- 15 days PTO (increases with tenure) and 11 paid holidays
- Restricted Stock Units
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Access to fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Flexible spending account
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top