Local Business Account Manager
Yelp’s mission is to connect people with great local businesses. Yelp’s Account Management team works with established and growing local businesses to provide industry leading digital advertising solutions. Yelp has become an essential part in clients’ local advertising mix and Local Business Account Managers are the foremost experts on optimizing campaigns for local businesses.
The Local Business Account Managers work with our current customers to upgrade their core advertising products. They will develop an understanding of client needs, educate them on Yelp's platform and develop Yelp Ad campaigns that will help them better connect with their customers and drive in-store sales. This role is key to Yelp’s success and offers significant career growth opportunities within Yelp’s Account Management team.
What You Will Do:
- Own and manage a book of current Yelp advertiser clients - all organized in our CRM (Salesforce)
- Build relationships with local business owners and managers in order to identify and capitalize on all aspects of client's marketing spend and business goals/needs
- Become an expert in Yelp’s advertising solutions- asking probing questions and overcoming customer objections will be critical to your success
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals - a strong work ethic and tenacity are key!
- Partner with our marketing and product teams to improve the product experience for Yelp’s local customers
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 1+ years of Sales or Account Management experience with a high school diploma or GED
- Experience with small business clients
- Cold calling experience required
- Track record of significantly growing a $2M+ book of business and exceeding goals in a local sales organization preferred
- Excited to take a hands on, creative approach to capitalize on Yelp’s opportunity with our existing Account base
- Demonstrated ability to use strategic selling skills
- Strong speaking, writing, and listening skills
- Able to analyze and develop key insights and sales messages through numbers
- Be fearless, relentless and have an underdog mentality with an unwillingness to settle for anything less than your best!
Compensation and Benefits:
- Guaranteed base salary plus uncapped commission
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO and 11 paid holidays (per year)
- 8 weeks paid parental leave plus up to 6 weeks paid pregnancy disability leaveMonthly wellness subsidy
- Access to fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Flexible spending account
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with up to $1,000 your first year and up to $3,000 in subsequent years
- Employee stock purchase plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top