Learning and Development Manager - National Sales Training
- Create, plan, organize and deliver comprehensive sales training programs. Liaison with sales and product leaders to build robust training solutions that ensure sales success in driving revenue.
- Prepare and onboard new enterprise level Sales Account Executives and Client Partners by conducting orientation to sales process and products; develop individual coaching plans; provide resources and assistance; schedule orientation shadowing with senior sales representatives.
- Determine training needs; observe sales encounters; study sales results; confer and work with key Sales executives and internal product partners.
- Develop comprehensive curriculum to support on-boarding and ongoing product training to our enterprise level team of sellers.
- Maximize training effectiveness by contributing to content creation and employing innovative methodologies to deliver content via our online platform Exceed, video conference workshops and classroom training sessions
- Work closely with other Sales Trainers to share best practices and improve training methodology
- Work with other departments (IT, HR, Recruiting, Facilities, etc) to facilitate training experience for AEs and Client Partners
- Build personal job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Provide feedback against learning objectives; Assess/test to measure knowledge transfer.
- Handle all logistical arrangements, room set up, managing rosters, instructor scheduling, reporting on completion, and sending reminders to participants.
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing or Learning and Development related field
- Experience in adult education to include any combination of facilitating, design and development with at least 2+ years of enterprise sales training experience - product and sales technique
- 3+ years of quota carrying enterprise sales experience, preferably in digital media sales
- Previous experience in tech startup environment
- An enthusiastic team player who’s comfortable working with all department leaders
- Excellent presentation, communication, written and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to develop content around sales product training materials and collateral
- Proven track record with LMS, virtual and classroom style training venues
- Any additional certifications in Facilitation, Coaching and Instructional design would be most welcome
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Senior Training Manager, Local Sales
Sahr runs Yelp's Sales Training Team in San Francisco. Combining friendly fun with hands-on learning, she shows new hires how to shine on the sales floor.
Back to top