Lead Product Manager - Ads (Remote)
- San Francisco, CA
Yelp is looking for a remote Product Manager to build state of the art ads features and algorithms. In this role, you’ll develop algorithms and ads systems from whiteboard ideating to releasing them to our advertisers. In this highly visible and impactful role, you’ll work on product areas that grow the advertising value of our marketplace, for both advertisers and users.
If you are looking to own a key part in developing the ads system at a billion dollar ads company, and work with a cross functional group of Product Managers, Engineers, Biz Ops teams, and Data Scientists, then this role is for you.
Our product teams are concentrated in San Francisco, CA. This is a remote position and are open to candidates anywhere in the US.
Where You Come In:
- Build algorithms that set prices and allocates ad budgets across inventory sources for all of our advertisers, from Mom & Pop restaurants to enterprise brands
- Drive analyses that allow us to deeply understand what is happening in our ads marketplace
- Optimize our auction to drive more value to advertisers and grow long term revenue
- Develop new bidding models that allow us to sell and retain more advertiser budget in the local ad market
- Forecast revenue growth that comes from traffic and budget changes and product improvements
What It Takes To Succeed:
- Technical chops: experience solving difficult, company-critical technical problems. Preferred background in Physics, Math, Systems Engineering, or other hard science. Masters or PhD preferred.
- You have 4+ years of product management experience. Digital advertising experience is a plus.
- You’re energized by driving revenue growth and translating customers wants and needs into concrete features
- Problem solver: loves to figure out complex unstructured problems and constantly think about how to make processes more efficient. You can do your own analysis using iPython and SQL.
- Ability to communicate with many stakeholders across different parts of the organization. You’ll need to go from a meeting discussing what to build to grow a national fast food brand’s ad spend, to a meeting with engineers building ad targeting algorithms.
- Operational chops: can help improve processes around our ads system reliability and metrics monitoring.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top