Want to join a team where your work makes a significant impact? Using the richest source of local business data and user-generated content in the world, Yelp’s application backend engineers work closely with mobile and web developers to generate and power our websites and mobile apps, bringing Yelp’s 244M+ reviews to millions of users all around the world.
Application backend engineers take on a diverse set of challenges across the engineering org, from building products for business owners to get the most out of Yelp, to taking on some of the most meaningful problems in distributed computing and API design.
This opportunity requires you to be located in the United Kingdom.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Where You Come In:
- Build new features on top of our Service-Oriented Architecture.
- Iterate quickly using Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment principles.
- Articulate a technical vision and execute it.
- Give back by mentoring other engineers and sharing the skills you learn.
What It Takes to Succeed:
- Relevant industry experience.
- An understanding of and interest in elegant API designs.
- Relevant experience in at least one programming language: Python, C, Java, Go, Rust, etc.
- A craving for new knowledge and challenges.
What You’ll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, a collaborative team, and a dynamic work environment.
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase plan.
- 25 days paid holiday (rising to 29 with service), plus one floating holiday.
- £150 monthly reimbursement to help cover remote working expenses.
- £75 caregiver reimbursement to support dependent care for families.
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision.
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays.
- Regular 3-day Hackathons, bi-weekly learning groups, and productivity spending to support and encourage your career growth.
- Opportunities to participate in digital events and conferences.
- £56 per month to use toward qualifying wellness expenses.
- Quarterly team offsites.
Yelp values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other protected status.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.