Do you have a solid grasp of video editing but looking to hone your skills? Do you enjoy the prospect of making ordinary people look like heroes? Does boring corporate video make you dry heave? If so, we need you!
Yelp Studios is looking for a Jr. Video Editor to help us manage our long list of projects. This is not your traditional video editor position. There is no key grip, best boy or production assistant here (though we do have our own barista…). We’re a small but growing team of scrappy, creative individuals so you will need to have additional production skills beyond simply knowing your way around Adobe Premiere. The ideal candidate will also be able to help schlep gear around on-set and manage post-production media.
Our productions range from live-action testimonials, web ads and video blogs to animated tutorials, product launch announcements and social media shorts. Sure, at times the stories we’re telling aren’t glamorous but that’s the fun part: coming up with new and interesting ways to keep our viewers’ attention while getting our point across. We’re constantly pushing ourselves to create engaging content that furthers our brand (and hopefully elicits an occasional giggle).
- Manage media (offloading and backing up)
- Pull selects and soundbites
- Organize project files
- Edit internal videos
- Help with studio cleanup and organization
- Occasional on-set help setting lights, audio, etc…
- Proficiency at Premiere Pro and AME
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Proficiency at troubleshooting
- Understanding of a variety of video formats
- Recent graduates welcome as this is a very much an entry level position
- Experience with Adobe AfterEffects, Photoshop, and Audition
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.