IT Logistics Technician
- Chicago, IL
Do you enjoy a work environment surrounded by energetic, dynamic teams with an infectiously positive attitude? We are looking for an IT Logistics Technician for our Chicago offices who will be the IT interface between Workplace, People Operations, and Recruiting (currently working from home). This team member will work to ensure the proper IT on-boarding and exits of employees for our local Yelp office and remote employees including tier 1 support requests. Helping welcome people in their first couple of days means you'll meet everyone in our office!
The IT Logistics Technician is responsible for inventory management as well as the maintenance and upkeep of the inventory workroom, equipment repairs, returns, corporate provisioning, and training materials. We need someone who can set up Yelpers for success by training and supporting new employees on the systems and equipment they’ll use. You’ll also provide equipment validation for moves, as well as set up workstations for employees visiting the office.
What You Will Do:
- Work with Workplace, People Operations, Recruiting and the local IT team to ensure 100% success on all new hires, transfers, and separations.
- Manage new hire training classes, creation/upkeep of training curriculum and new hire wiki.
- Documentation and process management of new hires, separations, visitors and moves.
- Cycle counts, purchasing, and monthly replenishment of IT equipment for local and remote employees.
- Manage and account for local IT hardware inventory via our inventory management system and lead on physical inventory.
- Mac, Chromebook and Chromebox provisioning - ensure all our systems have our client management tools and are managed by our MDM system.
- Work on your individually assigned and team assignment tickets via our ticketing system.
- Coordinate and support office employee moves and validations with other departments.
- Support remote employee tier 1 requests.
We Are Looking For:
- 2+ years of IT related experience.
- Working knowledge of MacOS, Chrome OS and Windows device platforms.
- Working knowledge of Apple, Acer and Dell hardware.
- Working knowledge of Apple software & popular desktop applications.
- Working knowledge of G-Suite and popular web applications.
- Experience with JAMF, AirWatch, or other MDM systems.
- Experience with Jira Service Desk or other ticketing systems.
- Experience with training 1:1 to large groups on proper use and care of computer systems.
- Experience creating runbooks and IT articles/knowledge base. Familiarity with Confluence a plus.
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated with a positive, whistle-while-you-work attitude.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and address multiple tasks in a dynamic work environment.
- A sense of humor.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top