IT Engineer - Client Platform
What You Will Do:
- Manage and administer client system infrastructure for Mac OS X and Windows endpoints.
- Maintain client hardware standards including client configuration and test new technology to improve our computing environmentImplement client-side applications and services that will provide new technologies for our employees to improve their work experience, productivity and security.
- Administer enterprise software including deployment and package management.
- Perform well-organized and timely deployments of application, major upgrades, security updates and patches.
- Drive client security model and best practices in an enterprise environmentIdentify internal process and automation improvements and deploy scalable technical solutions.
- Work as the escalation point between different support teams for issues from an IT engineering perspective.
- Write scripts that automate application and settings distribution using internal tools.
- Diagnose and investigate unique and complex systemic problems.
- Collaborate and work with cross-functional teams to manage client systems as they relate to internal infrastructure.
We Are Looking For:
- BS in CS, IT or related discipline or equivalent work experience and a minimum of 3-5 years experience working in an IT Engineering professional environment.
- Demonstrated strong customer service focus, analytical, problem solving and teamwork abilities.
- Experience prioritizing projects and tasks effectively to complete deliverables on time while also supporting day-to-day issue escalations.
- Strong initiative to develop solutions and make technical recommendations independently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - both verbal and written - with ability to communicate clearly and at the right level of detail.
- Working knowledge with the following technologies: Active Directory, Munki, GPO, Jamf, WSUS, Python, GIT, Puppet, and Chocolaty.
- Experience with at least one scripting language (e.g. Bash, Python, or PowerShell)
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Jorge creates new artifacts and features for Yelp’s website. He makes sure that tools are scalable, and that Yelp can support the increase in traffic as it expands around the world.
Back to top