IT Engineer - Applications
What You Will Do:
- Be a key technical member of the IT Engineering team focused on the delivery of enterprise applications.
- Work closely with our Technology Delivery Services team to recommend improvements and feature capabilities that will enhance the end-user experience and drive adoption of the product.
- Research and develop solutions for support cases using extensive product knowledge and advanced troubleshooting techniques.
- Automation of applications and services using internal tools.
- Build and develop applications and tools for our internal teams.
- Work with third party vendors to diagnose and investigate unique and complex issues.
- Support and administration of internal and cloud based applications.
We Are Looking For:
- BS in CS, CIS, or related discipline along with a minimum of 5 years experience working in an professional IT environment.
- The ability to demonstrate strong customer service, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Must be a quick learner with ability to adapt to ever changing service needs and processes.
- Hands-on administration experience with tools like G Suite, Atlassian Tools (JIRA, Confluence, HipChat), IdP (OneLogin, Okta, Centrify), Logging and Monitoring Tools (Splunk, ELK, Zabbix) Well-versed in Python, Apps Script, and PowerShell.
- Ability to prioritize projects and tasks effectively to complete deliverables on time while also supporting day-to-day operations.
- Have a strong initiative to develop solutions and make technical recommendations independently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to communicate clearly and at the right level of detail.
- Must be a team player!
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Jorge creates new artifacts and features for Yelp’s website. He makes sure that tools are scalable, and that Yelp can support the increase in traffic as it expands around the world.
Back to top