Inside Sales Representative - Yelp Restaurants
Yelp Restaurants is looking for motivated individuals who are passionate about helping restaurants, bars, and nightlife drive value from Yelp’s suite of restaurant products - Yelp Waitlist and Yelp Reservations.
As an Account Executive, you will partner with restaurants in your territory and bring them onto our restaurant platform. You’ll run the full sales cycle from prospecting, to closing, and everything in between. Be excited to meet restaurants owners, chefs and general managers over the phone. You’ll also be part of the Yelp Sales Development Program, which is a two-year track for your professional growth. This transparent program outlines what you need to be doing every day, month, and quarter to reach the next level. Increased compensation, title and responsibilities will keep your career moving in the right direction. If you’re looking for a career (not a job), a company that's invested in your personal development, a solid compensation package, great training, and have a passion for the restaurant industry, we know just the place.
What You'll Do
- Own and manage a pipeline of clients including restaurants and bars
- Consult, educate, strategize, and successfully sell the Yelp Restaurant products through a high volume of sales calls - strong communication and tenacity are key!
- Become an expert in client’s business operations, including email marketing, loyalty programs and front of house - asking probing questions and handling objections will be critical to your success
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals
What We’re Looking For in You
- You have an appetite for learning! You’re keen on turning training and feedback into action and continuous self-improvement
- You have experience working in or knowledge of the restaurant industry
- You are committed to a high standard of integrity and work ethic
- You’re an excellent listener, assertive, persistent, and persuasive - show us your grit!
- You are genuinely curious about people, local businesses, and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- You are adaptable, thrive under pressure and can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn't an option
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ successful years in high volume sales
- Excellent communication skills - no fear of the phone
- Highly adaptable and able to work in a startup environment where things change quickly
- Positive attitude and a drive to win
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time within a fast-paced environment
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee-only coverage)
- 15 days PTO and 11 paid holidays (per year)
- 6 weeks paid parental leave plus up to 6 weeks paid pregnancy disability leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Fully stocked Yelp kitchen
- Employee stock purchase plan
- RRSP retirement savings plan with up to $3,000 matching per year
Think you have what it takes to be an Account Executive at Yelp Restaurants? Send us your cover letter and resume today. Don’t forget to keep it useful, funny, and cool!
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top