What You'll Do
- Educate, strategize, and successfully sell Yelp advertising programs through a high volume of outbound sales calls - this role is 100% phone based.
- Your mission is to reach as many businesses as possible. You'll work one of the following schedules (in your local time), or as otherwise determined by your manager: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; or 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Own and manage a pipeline of clients ranging from dentists to florists to restaurant owners- all organized in our CRM (Salesforce)
- Say goodbye to that dreaded commute! You and your team will work from the comfort of your home to sell advertising to small local businesses on a set Monday to Friday schedule.
- Become an expert in Yelp’s advertising solutions, and adapt product recommendations quickly to suit client needs - asking probing questions and overcoming customer objections and rejection will be critical to your success.
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals- strong work ethic and tenacity are key!
- Stay organized and manage your time effectively in order to complete your daily goals- you know that sales is a numbers game and you’re here to win.
What We're Looking For in You
- You have an appetite for learning! You’re keen on turning training and feedback into action and continuous self-improvement- you don’t take rejection personally.
- Multi-tasking is no biggie. You're confident in navigating between numerous tabs, multiple screens, and using video conferencing tools.
- You're savvy and can find your way around new tools and software (such as Google Suite & Salesforce).
- You’re naturally curious and like to ask as many questions as it takes to find the answer.
- You're excited about being part of a team with colleagues from other states, and you find it just as easy to chat with your teammates during a virtual conference as an in-person meeting.
- You are committed to a high standard of integrity and being a teamplayer is important to you.
- You’re an excellent listener, assertive, persistent, and persuasive - show us your grit!
- You are genuinely curious about people, local businesses, and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others- you can’t wait to show everyone the value of Yelp.
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn't an option.
- GED/HS Diploma and 2+ years of customer-facing experience OR;
- Bachelor’s Degree
- No fear of the phone
- General computer and email proficiency - we use Google Suite and provide a Macbook laptop
- A work environment free of distractions
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage independently without oversight
- Must possess current US work authorization
Training and Development We offer comprehensive initial two month training with ongoing career development support and opportunities through the Yelp Sales Development Program
Compensation and Benefits
- First year earnings range from $50k-$65k annually through a combination of base salary and uncapped monthly sales incentives
- Year 2 on target earnings is $70k with top performers averaging $112k
- Starting base salary of $37k plus uncapped commission
- Available your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (Employee-only plans available at no cost to the employee)
- 15 days PTO per year for first 2 years of employment (accrual begins on date of hire); number of PTO days increases after 2 years of tenure, 7 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan