Information Security Engineer
Yelp is looking for an Information Security (InfoSec) Engineer to join the globally expanding Security team to keep Yelp's corporate infrastructure, end-points and applications safe. You will have the opportunity to make a broad impact and drive security through innovation by building unique solutions to complex problems.
Are you someone who is passionate about understanding behavior of malware, building anomaly detection rules, threat hunting or digital forensics? Do you want to design, build or optimize solutions to identify suspicious activities and threats?
As an InfoSec Engineer, you’ll work on improving our threat detection and response capabilities. You will work with our awesome corporate security engineers who engineer and build custom solutions with creativity and automation to effectively and efficiently perform DFIR that works at scale. You’ll also partner with our corporate infrastructure and IT teams to help architect our future authentication, identity management, and network security systems.
What You Will Do:
- Improve and enhance incident detection and response capabilities
- Identify vulnerabilities through assessments and working with internal partners towards remediation to improve the security posture of Yelp’s corporate environment
- Build tools and infrastructure for automating incident detection and response
- Define policies and best security practices for IT, Infrastructure, and other internal organizations.
- Evaluate and identify risks around third party vendors leveraged by Yelp
- Create, validate, and audit access control policies for Yelp systems
- Be the security evangelist and drive security awareness across the organization
- Participate in incident response and forensics collection and analysis
- Collaborate and coordinate resolution of security issues with other Engineering and IT teams
- Develop monitoring, correlation and alerting capabilities for Yelp internal security systems to identify suspicious or anomalous behavior
- Partner with teams inside of Yelp to deploy new security-related tools and processes across the organization
What We Are Looking For:
- Professional experience working to secure consumer websites, mobile applications, or large corporate IT infrastructure
- Experience with active participation in Incident Response investigations
- Exposure to digital forensics and incident response
- Corporate network penetration testing experience
- Passionate about educating others in regards to security best practices
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience with PCI, SOX, and avoiding draconian compliance regimes
- Experience conducting third party assessments of software vendors and SaaS apps
- Threat hunting experience in large corporate infrastructure environment
- Windows, MacOS, or Linux administration experience
- Security certifications, such as CISSP/GIAC/GPEN/GCFE
What We Offer:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 25 days paid holiday initially, rising to 29 with service
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Thursdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in events and conferences throughout Europe and the US
- Public transportation season ticket loan and £50 per month toward any exercise of your choice
- Monthly personal development allowance
- Central location, a fully stocked kitchen, adjustable sitting/standing desks, quarterly offsites, locally roasted coffee, happy hours, and more!
Yelp values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to Age, Disability, Gender Reassignment, Marriage or Civil Partnership, Pregnancy and Maternity, Race, Religion or Belief, Sex.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resume
Back to top