Information Security Engineer
Are you someone who is passionate about understanding behavior of malware, building anomaly detection rules, threat hunting or digital forensics? Do you want to design, build or optimize solutions to identify suspicious activities and threats?
Yelp is looking for an Information Security (InfoSec) Engineer to join the globally expanding Security team to keep Yelp's corporate infrastructure, end-points and applications safe. You will have the opportunity to make a broad impact and drive security through innovation by building unique solutions to complex problems.
As an InfoSec Engineer, you’ll work on improving our threat detection and response capabilities. You will work with our awesome corporate security engineers who engineer and build custom solutions with creativity and automation to effectively and efficiently perform DFIR that works at scale. You’ll also partner with our corporate infrastructure and IT teams to help architect our future authentication, identity management, and network security systems.
Where You Come In:
- You will improve and enhance incident detection and response capabilities
- You will identify vulnerabilities through assessments and working with internal partners towards remediation to improve the security posture of Yelp’s corporate environment
- You will build tools and infrastructure for automating incident detection and response
- You will define policies and best security practices for IT, Infrastructure, and other internal organizations.
- You will evaluate and identify risks around third party vendors leveraged by Yelp
- You will create, validate, and audit access control policies for Yelp systems
- You will be the security evangelist and drive security awareness across the organization
- You will participate in incident response and forensics collection and analysis
- You will collaborate and coordinate resolution of security issues with other Engineering and IT teams
- You will develop monitoring, correlation and alerting capabilities for Yelp internal security systems to identify suspicious or anomalous behavior
- You will partner with teams inside of Yelp to deploy new security-related tools and processes across the organization
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have professional experience working to secure consumer websites, mobile applications, or large corporate IT infrastructure
- You have experience with active participation in Incident Response investigations
- You've had exposure to digital forensics and incident response
- You have corporate network penetration testing experience
- You are passionate about educating others in regards to security best practices
- You hold a BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- You have experience with PCI, SOX, and avoiding draconian compliance regimes (a plus)
- You have experience conducting third party assessments of software vendors and SaaS apps (a plus)
- You have threat hunting experience in large corporate infrastructure environment (a plus)
- You have Windows, MacOS, or Linux administration experience (a plus)
- You have security certifications, such as CISSP/GIAC/GPEN/GCFE (a plus)
What You'll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 25 days paid holiday initially, rising to 29 with service
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Thursdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in events and conferences throughout Europe and the US
- Public transportation season ticket loan and £50 per month toward any exercise of your choice
- Monthly personal development allowance
- Central location, a fully stocked kitchen, adjustable sitting/standing desks, quarterly offsites, locally roasted coffee, happy hours, and more!
Yelp values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to Age, Disability, Gender Reassignment, Marriage or Civil Partnership, Pregnancy and Maternity, Race, Religion or Belief, Sex.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resume
Back to top