Human Resources Representative
The right person will:
- Enjoy helping employees resolve payroll, timekeeping, benefits and other employment-related issues as well as helping managers with employee issues.
- Ensure that all steps are followed so that new hires receive effective onboarding and orientation.
- Enjoy data analysis and breaking down data to tell a story.
- Thrive in a hyper-growth, fast-paced environment.
- Be eager to get your feet wet in everything HR.
- Have experience working in a rapidly growing office environment
What we need:
- Team player that will enjoy being part of a 3-person HR team that supports an office that's over 800 employees strong.
- Focused and disciplined. Strong organizational skills, great follow through on tasks, able to juggle multiple competing priorities.
- Naturally curious. Always seeking to learn more and to improve on/streamline processes and programs. Self-motivated and manages issues to close.
- Resilient and handles the unexpected. Willing to help out wherever and whenever needed. Flexibility needed to be proactive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Demonstrated integrity via presence and confidence. Able to keep confidential matters confidential.
- Manages the administrative piece of the onboarding process for all new hires; ensures compliance with the I-9 process.
- Fields questions related to payroll, timekeeping, benefits and medical leaves for the office. Handles administrative responsibilities involved with general HR operations and separation workflow, data reporting and analysis.
- Works with managers and advises them on handling onboarding/orientation, timekeeping, separations and exit process. Consults on attendance and employee relations issues.
- Helps employees and managers navigate through Workday (Yelp’s HRIS system).
- Workday reporting and assisting with data and trend analysis.
- A minimum of two years of relevant HR experience (non-Recruiting) as HR support Some performance management and employee relations experience preferred.
- Operating in fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; an articulate communicator including solid presentation skills.
- Some analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Knowledge of Workday is a plus.
- Understanding of various employment laws and their impact on HR matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related area preferred.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Senior Training Manager, Local Sales
Sahr runs Yelp's Sales Training Team in San Francisco. Combining friendly fun with hands-on learning, she shows new hires how to shine on the sales floor.
Back to top