The right person will...
- Be comfortable providing all levels of support to the client
- Love solving people problems
- Thrive in a hyper-growth, fast-paced environment
- Partner with multiple HR and business teams
What we need...
- Focused and disciplined. Strong organizational skills, great follow through on tasks, able to juggle multiple competing priorities. Attention to detail.
- Motivated. Manages challenging issues to closure; helps managers build high-performing teams
- Team player. Works well across various teams to support clients.
- Naturally curious. Always seeking to learn more and to improve on/streamline processes and programs
- Relationship builder. Self-aware, strong communicator who works with employees and managers to establish credibility quickly.
- Problem Solver. Quickly solve issues or seek out right course of action.
- Fun. Enjoys having fun with other Yelpers; is flexible, and excited about Yelp’s growth.
- Deepen Yelp Culture. Embed and extend how we work at Yelp to strengthen fun and impactful working environment.
- Resilient. Handles the unexpected. Willing to help out wherever and whenever needed.
- You’ll support Yelp teams primarily in our San Francisco office and report to head of client-facing HR for San Francisco.
- Provide general HR support to your clients such as employee development, quarterly conversations, performance management, manager training, onboarding.
- Meet regularly with managers and employees to provide guidance and coaching as appropriate
- Advise managers on people-related issues and needs; work with them to manage and resolve performance issues
- Work with managers and advise them on handling separations and exit processes
- Resolve employee relations issues and conduct investigations as needed
- Apply knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees
- Analyze date, identify trends and patterns and recommend actions to address issues or further improve strong areas
- Assist recruiting team as needed
- A minimum of 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated understanding of HR programs including compensation, performance management, employee relations, and employee/manager development
- Understanding of various employment laws and their impact on HR matters required
- Knowledge and experience in technology and software engineering businesses
- Knowledge of Workday a plus
- Ability to make timely, effective, principle-based decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; an articulate and persuasive communicator including strong presentation skills; some analytical and problem solving abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related area preferred
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Jorge creates new artifacts and features for Yelp’s website. He makes sure that tools are scalable, and that Yelp can support the increase in traffic as it expands around the world.
Back to top