HR Business Partner
The right person will
- Be comfortable providing all levels of support to the client
- Love solving people problems
- Thrive in a hyper-growth, fast-paced environment
What we need
- Team player. Works with others to support Yelp’s growth and to deliver multiple services to functional clients with a range of needs especially to managers
- Focused and disciplined. Strong organizational skills, great follow through on tasks, able to juggle multiple competing priorities
- Naturally curious. Always seeking to learn more and to improve on/streamline processes and programs
- Relationship builder. Self-aware, strong communicator who works with managers/leaders to establish credibility quickly. Strong consulting skills
- Fun. Enjoys having fun with other Yelpers; is flexible, resilient, and excited about Yelp’s growth.
- Motivated. Manages challenging issues to closure; helps managers build high-performing teams
- Resilient. Handles the unexpected. Willing to help out wherever and whenever needed.
- You’ll support Yelp leaders in our San Francisco office and report to head of client-facing HR for San Francisco.
- Partner with your clients to manage key HR business processes (compensation planning, quarterly conversations, performance management, talent management, manager training, development programs, etc.)
- Consult with managers on talent and organization issues and provide guidance and coaching as appropriate
- Advise managers and executives on people-related issues and needs; work with them to manage and resolve performance and employee relations issues·
- Onboard/coach/guide new managers in a supportive manner
- Work with managers and advise them on handling separations and exit processes;· Manage talent management projectsCreate and implement various HR programs
- Understand Yelp’s business, values and culture. Use them to guide recommendations and decision-making
- Provide guidance and partnership on compensation decisions, employee performance issues, employee relations issues, etc.
- Apply in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required. Conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations when needed
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR colleagues to develop solutions, programs, and policies
- Assist recruiting team with hiring planning and specific position requirements
- A minimum of six to eight years of relevant HR experience with five or more years in a client-facing role. Operating in fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated understanding of HR programs including compensation, performance management, employee relations, and manager development
- Understanding of various employment laws and their impact on HR matters required
- A track record of providing HR advice to senior managers and leaders on employee and organizational issues
- Demonstrated ability to partner within and outside of HR
- Knowledge and experience in technology businesses including a familiarity with global HR practices and policies
- Knowledge of Workday a plus
- Demonstrated integrity via assertiveness, presence, and confidence. Strong influencing skills with managers and directors; flexibility needed to be proactive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to make timely, effective, principle-based decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; an articulate and persuasive communicator including strong presentation skills; some analytical and problem solving abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related area preferred
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Jorge creates new artifacts and features for Yelp’s website. He makes sure that tools are scalable, and that Yelp can support the increase in traffic as it expands around the world.
Back to top