Head of Workplace Safety & Security
The Head of Workplace Safety & Security will be the point person for the company’s day-to-day global physical security & life safety operations. This position will be hands on, interact and coordinate with management across the company to plan, implement, and maintain/update all security management policies, procedures, programs, and strategic plans consistent with Yelp’s culture and values.
Where You Come In:
- You will maintain a safe and secure workplace environment for personnel and guests, as well as safeguard company assets.
- You will contribute thought leadership and counsel in all areas of safety and security as it relates to the company and key executives.
- You will manage and train a team of professionals and evaluate the effectiveness of these individuals in carrying out security objectives.
- You will coordinate and oversee all security vendors who operate at Yelp sites; ensure that standard operating procedures, policies, checklists, and post orders are up to date and followed.
- You will plan, develop, and implement physical security guidelines, policies, and procedures employing an understanding of security business controls, strategies, and methodologies to ensure ongoing security in key areas, such as: access control and video management system(s) at all facilities, technical security and early-warning systems, emergency planning and response, managing major medical incidents or acute threats, etc.
- You will maintain a living database of global security incidents and threats and be aware of executive travel to understand and mitigate risks.
- You will develop security metrics to assist in understanding spectrum, frequency, and trends of security/safety incidents globally.
- You will review, edit, approve draft incident reports and develop metrics to measure the safety & security effectiveness.
- You will work with various government agencies to foster and maintain a positive working relationship.
- You will develop and implement a proactive process for identifying threats/risks and preparing for response and coordination with executives, property managers, and other relevant officials.
- You will conduct or manage all Safety & Security investigations and coordinate with law enforcement, emergency services, building/landlord security, and relevant government agency professionals on an as needed basis.
- You will recommend industry best practices and available applications, hardware, and tools to protect physical facilities on-site personnel.
- You will maintain all physical security systems and recommend new procedures and upgrades, as appropriate with substantiation.
- You will execute physical and technology-based safety & security audits at all company locations, to include proposing recommendations based on industry best practices and experience.
- You will support a Protective Services & Protective Intelligence team within the company, in coordination with various relevant stakeholders.
- You will keep senior management informed of safety or security-related issues on an ongoing basis.
- You will generate risk assessments for travel and develop a company-wide travel safety program.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You must have 12+ years of professional experience in corporate security; high technology environment.
- You must have a Bachelor’s degree and/or CPP Certification. Master’s degree, JD, or MBA – a plus.
- You have former military and/or law enforcement experience – a plus.
- You are familiar with security systems such as Lenel, Avigilon, and MIR3.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have proven leadership and organizational skills with a practical, operational sense.
- You are effective at developing internal and external partnerships.
- You have experience as a liaison with international, federal, state and local first responder agencies - a plus
- You exhibit exemplary and unquestionable personal integrity and moral compass
What You’ll Get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental
- 15 days PTO to start and 11 paid holidays
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Access to fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Flexible spending account & pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top