Head of Product Design
Millions of people turn to Yelp every month to connect with great local businesses. As the leader of the product design team reporting to the Chief Product Officer, you will have the opportunity to have a meaningful impact on the lives of millions of people and local businesses.
Now is a great time to be part of building new products at Yelp. We are transforming the company from being known as simply a restaurant review site to providing delightful services that modernize the experience of interacting with local businesses from restaurants to contractors. Building these end to end experiences presents an incredible array of design challenges for a variety of customer segments.
The product design team is a group of insightful, creative and fun individuals. We’re currently a team of ~35, including product designers, managers and user researchers. The team works closely with different groups across the company including product management, marketing, data science and engineering.
What You Will Do:
- Champion a user centered design process.
- Build, manage and inspire the product design team.
- Be a great coach who helps others solve problems and build trusting relationships.
- Partner with other leaders in the company to understand Yelp’s strategy.
- Create a system that enables teams to translate product strategy into effective, high quality designs.
- Be accountable for the output and quality of your team’s work and having an impact on the business.
- Facilitate the development and adoption of design standards and principles across the company.
- Promote team development by fostering new learning opportunities and defining career milestones.
- Recruit and retain top design and research talent.
- Work with finance to manage your budget and create a system to inform hiring needs.
We Are Looking For:
- A passion for Yelp and our mission of connecting people to great local businesses.
- A leader who can make meaningful contributions at the creative, managerial and operational level.
- An individual who enables creative talent, empowering teams to make ideas a reality within a rapidly evolving product.
- An ability to foster collaboration between groups and develop scalable processes, balancing quick decision-making with long-term objectives.
- A desire to build a positive, inclusive, and accountable culture.
- 5+ years experience managing design managers.
- 10+ years of product design experience with a strong portfolio of work.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top