Head of Product Design
What You Will Do:
- Define clear roles and responsibilities for a fast growing team of 20+ designers.
- Enable the team to translate Yelp’s product strategy into effective designs.
- Promote team development by establishing objectives, providing feedback and defining career growth milestones.
- Lead recruiting of top design talent.
- Evangelize and advocate design goals to stakeholders across product management, engineering and data science.
- Facilitate the development and adoption of design standards and principles across the company.
We Are Looking For:
- A passion for Yelp and our mission of connecting people to great local businesses.
- A leader who can make meaningful contributions at the creative, managerial and operational level.
- An individual who unifies design voice and enables creative talent, empowering their team to make ideas a reality within a rapidly evolving product.
- A desire to build a positive, inclusive, and accountable culture.
- Ability to foster collaboration between groups and develop scalable processes while balancing quick decision-making with long-term objectives.
- 3+ years experience managing design managers.
- 7+ years of product design experience with a strong portfolio of work.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Senior Training Manager, Local Sales
Sahr runs Yelp's Sales Training Team in San Francisco. Combining friendly fun with hands-on learning, she shows new hires how to shine on the sales floor.
Back to top