Group Product Manager - Trust & Safety
What You Will Do:
- Dig through data to prioritize the most impactful risks to Yelpers’ trust.
- Discover emerging trends in site abuse alongside our fraud analysts.
- Digest complicated problems into clearly framed measurable projects.
- Work with engineers to plan/build/test/release/measure abuse detection features.
- Weigh tradeoffs between complex models and simple heuristics.
- Coordinate incident response for spikes in content spam or fraud transactions.
- Evaluate build vs. buy decisions for third party vendors.
- Obsess over metrics, risk monitoring, and benchmarking our performance.
We Are Looking For:
- CS, engineering or other technical degree; ML or stats background preferred.
- 6+ years in product management; Some experience leading or mentoring other PMs required
- Experience with data tools like SQL, R, or Pandas.
- Investigator instinct, sifting through symptoms to find the root cause.
- Communication skills to cut through complexity like a hot knife through butter.
- Empathy with the average non-techie Yelper.
- A passion to fight against spammers, scammers, and internet bad-guys.
- A healthy level of paranoia: What will they try next? Will we know about it?
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Software Engineer - Mobile Development (Android)
Carmen works on the Android Team, writing code and programming features for Yelp’s mobile app. She connects members to the online community and places Yelp’s resources at their fingertips.
Back to top