Group Product Manager - Core Experience
What You Will Do:
- Manage the team of product managers responsible for the core experience of our app and site.
- Work closely with our design team to set the UX vision for the product.
- Own your product area’s destiny and create roadmaps for the team to reflect this vision.
- Sift through our mountains of high-quality review and photo data to deliver personalized, contextual information to Yelp users.
- Delve into the mechanics of generating high-quality user generated content to engage the community and grow reviews.
- Analyze data to understand key leverage points in the core product experience that will influence long-term user retention.
- Get hands on! You’ll manage a team but also get a chance to define, manage, and ship products of your own!
We Are Looking For:
- Management: You’ve managed a team of product managers, ideally in a consumer product-focused space.
- Techie Cred: CS or similar degree so you can talk to our enginerds about Python, mapreduce jobs, and naive Bayesian algorithms without a translator.
- Design Chops: While Yelp PMs hold technical degrees, we're also passionate about design and have either schooling or significant experience building beautiful apps or sites. You should, too.
- Passion about the Space: You love the world of user generated content, local search and consumer apps.
- Non-Nerd Empathy: You're interested in Hacker News, Product Hunt, Twitter, etc. as much as the next nerd, but you also recognize that you're building for a non-techie audience.
- A Conditional Love for Yelp: Like a BFF or a tee ball coach, you should love us but also be able to tell us what we're doing wrong. You'll need to be able to dish out the criticism here and take it, too.
- Big Plus: You’ve had experience managing a product that focuses on user generated content, community building and/or social networking.
- Flatter Us: Yelp Elite? Super Yelp Elite (10 year+)?? Not required, but we’ll be impressed.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Jorge creates new artifacts and features for Yelp’s website. He makes sure that tools are scalable, and that Yelp can support the increase in traffic as it expands around the world.
Back to top