Government Affairs Intern
Love Yelp? Enthralled with politics? We're looking for a Government Affairs intern to have an awesome experience advocating on behalf of Yelp with policymakers in San Francisco and Washington, DC for Summer 2019.
This is a 10-week paid program, that can be extended upon approval.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring legislation, regulations, and public policy issues that could impact Yelp’s operations and policy interests.
- Hosting creative and engaging events that elevate our policy interests in Washington, DC.
- Participating in policy and industry meetings and conferences.
- Writing opinion pieces, blog posts, policy briefs as necessary.
- Encouraging consumer-facing government agencies and offices to claim their Yelp pages.
- Data analytics and programming experience (Python preferred)
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or graduate-level degree.
- We will also consider recent graduates with strong academic records.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent research, writing, and organizational skills.
- Clear interest in technology and internet policy (as demonstrated by past experience, research topics, and class history), preferred.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top