- Flexible / Remote
Looking for a company where the Financial Planning & Analysis team plays an integral role in decision making? If you answer yes, then you’ll find what you seek within Yelp’s growing FP&A function.
At Yelp, FP&A is a welcomed partner in all aspects of the business, and regularly contributes to critical decision making.
Business partners are eager for your financial expertise and value your help in understanding, tracking and managing finances and resources to achieve company goals. If you are someone who enjoys this type of FP&A environment and is looking to make an important impact to Yelp, then come join our growing team!
The FP&A Business Partner role is ideal for highly-motivated individuals who function with confidence and expertise in a fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment. The Manager will have direct visibility to Yelp’s senior management, as well as significant interaction with leadership across key functional areas. Candidates must have great communication skills, a knack for forging close professional relationships, a track record of favorably influencing business performance. The ideal candidate is results-driven, possesses a strong drive to exceed personal goals, and is naturally inclined to anticipate risks, take ownership of challenges, and make sound decisions.
The role will report to Yelp’s Director of FP&A and embed with Sales leadership on a day-to-day basis.
This is a full-time role based in the United States.
Where you come in:
- You will play a lead role in the annual planning and monthly forecasting process.
- You will maintain and improve existing models and metrics, while developing and introducing new analytical frameworks that enhance insight, efficiency and decision-making speed.
- You will forge close relationships with business leaders and departmental heads to become a trusted advisor who highlights risks, spots opportunities, builds simulations and sensitivity analyses, and suggests solutions that create value for customers, employees and shareholders alike.
- You will provide accurate, timely, and actionable financial reporting and key business metrics to operating teams, company leadership, and other groups as necessary.
- You will collaborate with functional departments across the company to build and/or enhance reporting needs as necessary.
- You will aid decision making for reasonable and optimal resource allocation across product, sales, customer support and marketing levers.
- You will partner closely with Business Operations & Strategy and other groups to effectively assess business environments and trends to develop/propose action plans/alternatives.
- You will collaborate and communicate on a timely basis with the central heart of Corporate FP&A about monthly forecasts and other financial trends and developments.
- You will manage and develop direct reports.
What it takes to succeed:
- You have excellent customer focus, a service mentality, and the ability to partner closely with internal customers.
- You have extraordinary written and verbal communication skills.
- You have superior analytical and problem solving skills with superb attention to detail.
- You have demonstrated success working in a deadline driven and multi-tasking environment.
- You have the ability to work independently in a rapidly changing environment.
- You have demonstrated knowledge of forecasting and financial statement analysis.
- You have the desire to consistently exceed expectations and take on more responsibility.
- You have advanced Excel modeling experience.
- You ideally have experience with Oracle, Anaplan, SQL, Tableau.
- You have a personal interest and passion for business and modeling.
Experience & Qualifications
- 6+ years of progressive experience in finance or related field with prior management experience
- Publicly-traded, high-growth technology companies
- $1 billion in revenue, 5,000+ employees
- MBA, CPA, or CGMA preferred
- Phoenix, Chicago, and Washington, D.C. location preferred
What you'll get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (accrual begins on date of hire and increases with 2+ years of tenure thereafter), 12 paid holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law (including, for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for roles based in San Francisco).
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top