Engineering Manager - Site Reliability (SRE)
What You Will Do:
- Manage complex technical projects and a team of SREs.
- Monitor site stability and performance.
- Scale infrastructure to meet demand.
- Roll up your sleeves and debug/tune/code/fix alongside your team.
- Provide frequent and constructive feedback.
- Coach and mentor junior and new college graduates.
- Participate in the hiring process.
We Are Looking For:
- Previous experience as a technical lead or manager.
- Mastery of Linux or Unix.
- Command of your favorite modern programming language: Python, Ruby, Java, C++, etc.
- Experience of configuration management: Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Salt.
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Experience with web server configuration, monitoring, trending, network design, high availability.
- Excellent communication skills.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Software Engineer - Mobile Development (Android)
Carmen works on the Android Team, writing code and programming features for Yelp’s mobile app. She connects members to the online community and places Yelp’s resources at their fingertips.
Back to top