Ready to take your remote engineering career to the next level? Yelp Engineering is filled with creative minds, collaborative teams & expert coders. We are looking for remote leaders to continue growing our talented teams. Average team size is small and you will work in lock step with the product team to get features out the door quickly.
Successful Managers are passionate about Yelp, keep up with our daily release cycles, and maintain our useful, funny, cool culture during times of immense growth. It also doesn't hurt to have strong technical skills.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
This opportunity is fully remote and does not require you to be located in any particular area in Canada. We welcome applicants from throughout Canada.
Where You Come In:
- Lead complex technical projects and a team of software engineers.
- Provide frequent and constructive feedback.
- Roll up your sleeves and code alongside your team when needed.
- Coach and mentor engineers of all experience levels, from new college graduates to senior engineers.
- Participate in the hiring process.
- Foster and grow a fun, diverse and inclusive culture that reflects Yelp’s values.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Previous experience as a manager with excellent people management skills and the ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers.
- Have agile development experience.
- Excellent communicator.
- Have command of your favorite modern programming language: Python, Ruby, Java, Objective-C, C++, etc.
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment
- Vaccination against COVID-19 is not required for this role. We nonetheless encourage all employees to get vaccinated. Employees who are not vaccinated may not visit Yelp’s offices or participate in any in-person work activities, and are not eligible to transfer or be promoted to a role that requires vaccination.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other protected status.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.