Engineering Manager (Remote)
- Toronto, Canada
Ready to take your remote engineering career to the next level? Yelp Engineering is filled with creative minds, collaborative teams & expert coders. We are looking for remote leaders to continue growing our talented teams. Average team size is small and you will work in lock step with the product team to get features out the door quickly.
Successful Managers are passionate about Yelp, keep up with our daily release cycles, and maintain our useful, funny, cool culture during times of immense growth. It also doesn't hurt to have strong technical skills.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Please note that this role will operate remotely and is open to all candidates in Ontario.
Where You Come In:
- You will lead complex technical projects and a team of software engineers.
- You will provide frequent and constructive feedback.
- You will roll up your sleeves and code alongside your team when needed.
- You will coach and mentor engineers of all experience levels, from new college graduates to senior engineers.
- You will participate in the hiring process.
- You will foster and grow a fun, diverse and inclusive culture that reflects Yelp’s values.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have previous experience as a manager with excellent people management skills and the ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers.
- You have agile development experience.
- You are an excellent communicator.
- You have command of your favorite modern programming language: Python, Ruby, Java, Objective-C, C++, etc.
- You are comfortable working in a Unix environment
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top