Engineering Manager - Engineering Effectiveness
What You Will Do:
- Manage complex technical projects and a team of Software Engineers.
- Provide frequent and constructive feedback.
- Coach and mentor both junior and senior engineers.
- Participate in the hiring process.
- Roll up your sleeves and design, code and debug software alongside your team.
We Are Looking For:
- Previous experience as a technical leader or manager.
- Knowledge and experience working with tools such as git, build systems, package managers (PyPi, npm, RubyGem), isolated development environments (virtualenv, rbenv, docker).
- Command of your favorite programming language: Python, Ruby, Java, C++.
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Love of Python and open source software.
- Experience measuring the productivity of developers.
- Experience with product management and/or goal setting frameworks.
- Experience working on user-facing feature development.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Jorge creates new artifacts and features for Yelp’s website. He makes sure that tools are scalable, and that Yelp can support the increase in traffic as it expands around the world.
Back to top