Engineering Manager - Distributed Systems
What You Will Do:
- Monitor availability and performance of distributed systems like NoSQL Datastores.
- Scale infrastructure to meet demand.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and debug/tune/code/fix alongside your team.
- Respond to and manage technical incidents.
- Manage complex technical projects and a team of Infrastructure Engineers.
- Enjoy providing frequent and constructive feedback.
- Able to coach and mentor junior and new college graduates.
- Participate in the hiring process.
What We Are Looking For:
- Previous experience as a technical lead or manager.
- Experience with configuration, scaling and monitoring Distributed systems like Datastores (e.g. Cassandra), Messaging Systems (e.g. Kafka), Resource Management Systems (e.g. Mesos).
- Knowledge of best practices related to high availability, fault tolerance, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Experience using Cloud Computing Services (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Mastery of Linux or Unix.
- Command of your favorite modern programming language: Python, Ruby, Java, C++, etc.
- Experience of configuration management: Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Salt.
- Excellent communication skills.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Software Engineer - Mobile Development (Android)
Carmen works on the Android Team, writing code and programming features for Yelp’s mobile app. She connects members to the online community and places Yelp’s resources at their fingertips.
Back to top