Engineering Manager - Distributed Systems
What You Will Do:
- Monitor availability and performance of distributed systems like NoSQL Datastores.
- Scale infrastructure to meet demand.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and debug/tune/code/fix alongside your team.
- Respond to and manage technical incidents.
- Manage complex technical projects and a team of Infrastructure Engineers.
- Enjoy providing frequent and constructive feedback.
- Able to coach and mentor junior and new college graduates.
- Participate in the hiring process.
What We Are Looking For:
- Previous experience as a technical lead or manager.
- Experience with configuration, scaling and monitoring Distributed systems like Datastores (e.g. Cassandra), Messaging Systems (e.g. Kafka), Resource Management Systems (e.g. Mesos).
- Knowledge of best practices related to high availability, fault tolerance, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Experience using Cloud Computing Services (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Mastery of Linux or Unix.
- Command of your favorite modern programming language: Python, Ruby, Java, C++, etc.
- Experience of configuration management: Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Salt.
- Excellent communication skills.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Senior Training Manager, Local Sales
Sahr runs Yelp's Sales Training Team in San Francisco. Combining friendly fun with hands-on learning, she shows new hires how to shine on the sales floor.
Back to top