Yelp Engineering is filled with creative minds, collaborative teams & expert coders. We are looking for innovative leaders to continue growing our talented teams. Average team size is small and you will work in lock step with the product team to get features out the door quickly. Successful Managers are passionate about Yelp, keep up with our daily release cycles, and maintain our useful, funny, cool culture during times of immense growth. It also doesn't hurt to have strong technical skills.
What You Will Do:
- Lead complex technical projects and a team of software engineers.
- Provide frequent and constructive feedback.
- Roll up your sleeves and code alongside your team when needed.
- Coach and mentor engineers of all experience levels, from new college graduates to senior engineers.
- Participate in the hiring process.
- Foster and grow a fun, diverse and inclusive culture that reflects Yelp’s values.
We Are Looking For:
- You have previous experience as a manager with excellent people management skills and the ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers.
- You have agile development experience.
- You are an excellent communicator.
- You have command of your favorite modern programming language: Python, Ruby, Java, Objective-C, C++, etc.
- You are comfortable working in a Unix environment.
Interested in applying? Sweet! Share with us why you want to work at Yelp and don't forget to mention any technical accomplishments and leadership successes.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top