Engineering Manager – Business Products
Want to join a team where your work makes a significant impact? Yelp connects people with great local businesses, and local businesses know it. More than 191,000 businesses subscribe to Yelp’s advertising and page upgrade products today, and those happy customers account for the majority of our current revenue. However, local business advertising is still a rapidly growing market, and there are millions of business owners who’ve claimed their Yelp profile and aren’t customers yet. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a passionate and innovative leader who can help us continue to grow our Business Products team. We are responsible for the end-to-end experience of a business owner on Yelp, from getting their attention the very first time they land on our website or download our app, to demonstrating ROI every month after their ads are live. We innovate rapidly, run lots of experiments, and over the years our team has shipped features that morphed into their own lines of business for Yelp (including Food Delivery and Request-a-Quote).
Where You Come In:
- You will lead complex technical projects and a team of software engineers
- You will help the team balance rapid feature releases with technical rigor
- You will coach and mentor engineers of all experience levels
- You will be expected to provide frequent and constructive feedback
- You will collaborate with Product Managers on strategy and priority
- You will roll up your sleeves and code alongside your team when needed
- You will participate in the hiring process and help us find five-star talent
- You will foster and grow a fun, diverse, inclusive culture that reflects Yelp’s values
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You consider yourself a thoughtful, deliberative, and emotionally grounded leader
- You have previous experience as a manager of an engineering team
- You call yourself an excellent communicator, both in person and in technical writing
- You’re comfortable working in a Unix environment
- You are confident and comfortable with your favorite modern programming language: Python, Ruby, Java, C++, etc.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top