Director, Real Estate & Workplace Services
Yelp is looking for an experienced corporate real estate leader to steward the unique professional environment that differentiates the company’s workplace, energizes our culture and serves Yelp’s 6,000 employees every day.
The Director will oversee 10 existing offices comprising of approximately 1 million rsf, manage onsite and remote facilities teams, plan the strategic positioning of Yelp’s offices/workforce, and execute anticipated future office expansions.
We are looking for a strategic and financially-astute executive who plays well with others, is excellent with workplace operations, and welcomes the responsibility associated with supporting and serving Yelp’s diverse community of valued employees.
- Oversee real estate portfolio with locations in major US cities and abroad. Develop and execute real estate strategy in line with Yelp’s business objectives. Several of our offices are in unique and historic buildings, and all are centrally located so that our employees can engage with local businesses, key to Yelp’s mission.
- Operate the workplace environment in a five star manner. Our facilities are essential in maintaining our culture. Champion our culture and values and ensure they are reflected in Yelp’s global portfolio and workplace interiors. Yelp’s interiors are designed for style, comfort and collaboration and have been celebrated in architectural, design and news media features. Our cafes, conference rooms and common areas are just as important as the personal workspaces for each employee.
- Anticipate, plan and execute future expansions and new locations globally. Own and manage a global budget, and create high operational standards focused on best in class service and support. Partner with Key Stakeholders and Yelp leadership on emerging workplace trends, and drive alignment with relevant stakeholders.
Requirements & Capabilities
- Skillful real estate negotiator who understands the market and can balance getting the best lease terms while ensuring the facilities energize our culture.
- Knowledge and ability to negotiate tax and government incentives as we expand our real estate portfolio.
- Strong project management skills to guide internal and external teams through design and permitting to construction, furnishing and ongoing maintenance.
- Lead a team that plays well with others throughout the organization including partnering with security, IT, legal, accounting and finance to providing the essential services needed for all groups to thrive.
- Strategic and long-range planning, including managing portfolio to most efficient and best use, engaging and leading both internal and external partners to execute and deliver real estate solutions that support the business’ current and future stages.
- Customer driven focus to ensure all services are provided efficiently and in a business friendly way including moving employees, providing them the best coffee shop experience, stocking our snacks and supplies, to maintaining a clean and happy habitat.
- Incorporates Yelps values of playing well together and being tenacious in verbal and written communications, and employs experience and influence to lead the team and serve the greater organization.
Experience & Qualifications
- 12+ years of global corporate real estate experience with exceptional judgment and strong interpersonal skills to be confident, comfortable, and effective in dealing with employees, senior management, and executive team driving consensus and results.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, including the ability to influence and partner with key stakeholders across the organization, and a track record of implementing organizational change by fostering collaboration and consensus building.
- Advanced financial, mathematical, and analytical skills
- Fast growing company with multiple locations throughout the world and 5,000+ employees
- Managed a large geographically diverse team
- Strong desire and passion for leading high performing teams and developing talent.
- Proven experience with global portfolio strategy, system implementation, process improvement, vendor management and project execution.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top