What You Will Do:
- Be curious, and understand the stack that uses Yelp’s databases.
- Use your expertise in both hardware and cloud environments to tune and push databases beyond their normal limits.
- Work closely with developers on database choice, schema design, and query tuning.
- Automate away tedious repetitive tasks.
- Document system design and procedures.
- Participate in light on-call rotation.
We Are Looking For:
- Deep understanding of MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, or similar NoSQL datastores.
- Solid systems administration and automation skills.
- Strong command of your favorite scripting and/or programming language.
- Yelp mostly uses bash and python, but we try to treat all Turing Complete languages equally.
- Ability to collaborate and share ideas with other teams.
- Database internals/debugging/tuning experience, and hankering to do more.
- Experience at a large-scale consumer internet site.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Jorge creates new artifacts and features for Yelp’s website. He makes sure that tools are scalable, and that Yelp can support the increase in traffic as it expands around the world.
Back to top