What You Will Do:
- Be curious, and understand the stack that uses Yelp’s databases.
- Use your expertise in both hardware and cloud environments to tune and push databases beyond their normal limits.
- Work closely with developers on database choice, schema design, and query tuning.
- Automate away tedious repetitive tasks.
- Document system design and procedures.
- Participate in light on-call rotation.
We Are Looking For:
- Deep understanding of MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, or similar NoSQL datastores.
- Solid systems administration and automation skills.
- Strong command of your favorite scripting and/or programming language.
- Yelp mostly uses bash and python, but we try to treat all Turing Complete languages equally.
- Ability to collaborate and share ideas with other teams.
- Database internals/debugging/tuning experience, and hankering to do more.
- Experience at a large-scale consumer internet site.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Senior Training Manager, Local Sales
Sahr runs Yelp's Sales Training Team in San Francisco. Combining friendly fun with hands-on learning, she shows new hires how to shine on the sales floor.
Back to top