We Are Looking For:
- Minimum BA/BS degree in Statistics, Math, Economics, Physics or related quantitative degree.
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience.
- MS/PhD preferred.
- Endless ideas about how to leverage Yelp's unique data set.
- Extensive experience with analytical and quantitative problem solving.
- Experience with analysis tool(s) such as pandas or R.
- Fluency with at least one scripting language such as Python.
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL.
- Comfortability working in a Unix environment .
- Experience with MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive or similar systems.
- Specific interest in search engines, recommendation systems, or social networks.
- Active contributor to open source software.
- Interested in applying? Sweet! Share with us why you want to work at Yelp and don't forget to mention any technical side projects, open source contributions, academic papers, and personal websites/blogs.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Software Engineer - Mobile Development (Android)
Carmen works on the Android Team, writing code and programming features for Yelp’s mobile app. She connects members to the online community and places Yelp’s resources at their fingertips.
Back to top