We Are Looking For:
- Minimum BA/BS degree in Statistics, Math, Economics, Physics or related quantitative degree.
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience.
- MS/PhD preferred.
- Endless ideas about how to leverage Yelp's unique data set.
- Extensive experience with analytical and quantitative problem solving.
- Experience with analysis tool(s) such as pandas or R.
- Fluency with at least one scripting language such as Python.
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL.
- Comfortability working in a Unix environment .
- Experience with MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive or similar systems.
- Specific interest in search engines, recommendation systems, or social networks.
- Active contributor to open source software.
- Interested in applying? Sweet! Share with us why you want to work at Yelp and don't forget to mention any technical side projects, open source contributions, academic papers, and personal websites/blogs.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Senior Training Manager, Local Sales
Sahr runs Yelp's Sales Training Team in San Francisco. Combining friendly fun with hands-on learning, she shows new hires how to shine on the sales floor.
Back to top