We Are Looking For:
- Minimum BA/BS degree in Statistics, Math, Physics, Computer Science or related quantitative degree.
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- MS/PhD preferred
- Endless ideas about how to leverage Yelp's unique data set.
- Extensive experience with analytical and quantitative problem solving.
- Experience with analysis tool(s) such as pandas or R.
- Fluency with at least one scripting language such as Python.
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL.
- Comfortability working in a Unix environment .
- Excellent typing ability in the presence of flying nerf darts.
- Experience with MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive or similar systems.
- Specific interest in search engines, recommendation systems, or social networks.
- Active contributor to open source software.
- Interested in applying? Sweet! Share with us why you want to work at Yelp and don't forget to mention any technical side projects, open source contributions, academic papers, and personal websites/blogs.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Jorge creates new artifacts and features for Yelp’s website. He makes sure that tools are scalable, and that Yelp can support the increase in traffic as it expands around the world.
Back to top