Data Science Analyst
Are you fascinated by data? At Yelp, it’s our mission to connect people with great local businesses. From a coffee connoisseur’s review of a neighborhood cafe, to a homeowner’s request for a quote to remodel their kitchen, Yelp’s data captures millions of user-business interactions every day.
The Data Science & Analytics team prides itself on harnessing the power of this data. We test and learn, build tools and lead meaningful analyses to extract insights that influence Yelp’s product and business strategy.
We’re looking for a self-motivated critical thinker whose intellectual curiosity is met with a healthy dose of skepticism. You value the integrity of your work, sanity check analyses before drawing conclusions, and take pride in telling stories with data. You are a team player who is an excellent communicator, quick learner, and as excited about Yelp as we are.
What You Will Do:
- You will lead broad analytics projects core to Yelp’s business, communicate key insights to decision makers, and help product leaders uncover new opportunities.
- You will manage tight deadlines and quickly iterate analyses to answer unstructured business questions, deliver actionable learnings, and make strategic recommendations.
- You will work cross-functionally with product and engineering to define, log, and track Yelp’s key product metrics and opportunity size new initiatives.
- You will generate dashboards and automate reports that empower teams across the organization to make data-driven decisions.
- You will grow and maintain impactful relationships with stakeholders of both technical and non technical backgrounds with clear and frequent communication.
- You will think critically about experimental design and advocate for thoughtful experimentation.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You hold a BA/BS or graduate degree in a quantitative field (mathematics, statistics, economics etc.)
- You have 3+ years of quantitative industry experience, ideally within the consumer product space
- You have excellent SQL skills, fluency in Python, and experience with at least one statistical package (R, Pandas/NumPy/SciPy/matplotlib, Stata, Matlab).
- You have an eye for compelling data visualization and extensive experience with related tools (Tableau, Mode, Looker).
- You have a solid understanding of statistical inference, experimental design and analytic bias. Familiarity with financial modeling and advanced statistics (regression, non parametrics, predictive modeling) a plus.
What You'll Get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental
- 15 days PTO (increases with tenure) and 11 paid holidays
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Access to fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Flexible spending account
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top