Corporate Systems Engineer
What You Will Do:
- Linux server administration and engineering
- Scripting and automation
- Custom tool development, as necessary
- System and network security
- Manage Platform as a Service using open source tools
- Manage core services like AD, DNS, DHCP, Radius, etc.
- Monitor our environment and manage alerts and escalations
- System design and process documentation
- AWS and VMWare management
What We Are Looking For:
- Strong Linux experience
- Proficient in at least one programming or scripting language (PowerShell, Python, Ruby, Perl, C, Java, etc.)
- Configuration management experience (Puppet preferred)
- Revision control experience (git preferred)
- Service architecture experience (docker, jenkins, terraform etc)
- LDAP/AD/SAML administration experience
- AWS experience a plus
- Experience working in a heterogenous systems environment (Windows, OSX, etc)
- Solid understanding of fundamental technologies, i.e. TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, etc.
- Solid understanding of enterprise networks. Juniper a plus
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery
- Excellent communication skills
- A sense of humor!
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Software Engineer - Mobile Development (Android)
Carmen works on the Android Team, writing code and programming features for Yelp’s mobile app. She connects members to the online community and places Yelp’s resources at their fingertips.
Back to top