Corporate Systems Engineer
What You Will Do:
- Linux server administration and engineering
- Scripting and automation
- Custom tool development, as necessary
- System and network security
- Manage Platform as a Service using open source tools
- Manage core services like AD, DNS, DHCP, Radius, etc.
- Monitor our environment and manage alerts and escalations
- System design and process documentation
- AWS and VMWare management
What We Are Looking For:
- Strong Linux experience
- Proficient in at least one programming or scripting language (PowerShell, Python, Ruby, Perl, C, Java, etc.)
- Configuration management experience (Puppet preferred)
- Revision control experience (git preferred)
- Service architecture experience (docker, jenkins, terraform etc)
- LDAP/AD/SAML administration experience
- AWS experience a plus
- Experience working in a heterogenous systems environment (Windows, OSX, etc)
- Solid understanding of fundamental technologies, i.e. TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, etc.
- Solid understanding of enterprise networks. Juniper a plus
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery
- Excellent communication skills
- A sense of humor!
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Senior Training Manager, Local Sales
Sahr runs Yelp's Sales Training Team in San Francisco. Combining friendly fun with hands-on learning, she shows new hires how to shine on the sales floor.
Back to top