Corporate Engineering - Network Engineer
What You Will Do:
- Design/implement new infrastructure and improve existing corporate networks.
- Vendor management and long-term planning of corporate network design.
- Configure network devices and supporting equipment.
- Implement and support all of the important networking acronyms and abbreviations: ACLs, BGP, ECMP, OSPF, VIPs, VPNs, VRRP, OMG, BBQ, etc.
- Develop and advocate for good networking practices at all stages of the product and project lifecycle.
- Troubleshoot networking problems and work with other teams when the problem really isn’t the network.
- Improve our network maintenance and monitoring tools (SolarWinds, Zabbix) to help get to the root of problems quickly.
- Participate in on-call rotation to support our global internal users.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with flying nerf darts.
We Are Looking For:
- Effective communication skills, both interactive and through documentation.
- Previous experience managing Internet connectivity with multiple peers.
- Experience supporting both corporate end users and large scale applications -- people have noticed when your stuff was broken.
- Juniper (specifically MX) knowledge is preferred. If you don't have this please be prepared to show us why and how you would be willing to ramp up.
- Load balancing, firewalls, and traffic analysis (individual packets/flows and trending) should be no big deal.
- Aruba or any wireless networking experience.
- Being able to work with and appreciate people who rely on the network to work on great stuff.
- Knowledge of what to monitor on a network and how to react when the graphs change.
- Proficient at shell scripting/automation in any language you're comfortable with.
- Experience with Dot1x and NAC solutions.
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Jorge creates new artifacts and features for Yelp’s website. He makes sure that tools are scalable, and that Yelp can support the increase in traffic as it expands around the world.
Back to top