Community Manager - Indianapolis
- Has a fire in the belly. Walks through walls. Takes no prisoners. In a word: driven. Even when no one is watching. Especially then.
- Social connector. You are the hub of your social world. You know everyone. Everyone knows you. The fun one. Diplomatic, too.
- You reside in Indianapolis and consider yourself a local expert (see below).
- Have more than a few years of post-graduate professional experience (existing Yelp community managers have 5 to 15 years).
- Lives to write; writes to live. You know who you are... pencils down!
About the job
- Event planning. Conceptualize, negotiate, plan and execute cool, fun and buzz-worthy (big wow factor!) events/parties.
- Marketing outreach. Connect with the right local organizations, barter weekly newsletter sponsorships for promotion of Yelp.
- Socializing and adventuring. Meet up with yelpers. Attend civic events. See and be seen. In the scene. Be the Mayor. Always on.
- Writing. Write locally compelling newsletters weekly and inspiring reviews daily, as well as persuasive pitches to venue owners and marketing partners.
- Communication. Be accountable with stellar communication to your peers and those who support you at Yelp HQ.
Other fun requirements
- 4-year college/university degree
- Currently living and rocking out in Indianapolis.
- Experience with social networking, guerilla marketing tactics, and event planning
Ready to apply? Submit the following (all required):
- Cover letter/note showcasing your writing skills and general personality and style.
- Resume showcasing your relevant experience
- A link to your (full and interesting) Yelp profile – this is your writing sample, so make it snappy!
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Software Engineer - Mobile Development (Android)
Carmen works on the Android Team, writing code and programming features for Yelp’s mobile app. She connects members to the online community and places Yelp’s resources at their fingertips.
Back to top