Community Coordinator - Houston
Do you heart Houston? From real local businesses to amazing events and organizations, do you keep tabs on all the Houston happs? Love attending food festivals, charity events, fashion shows, art fairs and mo’?! Would you consider yourself a connector? A marketing maven? A local with the inside scoop? As the Yelp Houston Community Coordinator, you’ll be a part-time Yelp employee (working out of your home or anywhere with WiFi) at the helm of a vibrant, buzzing community of locals who drink, shop and play their way through the city via peer recommendations on Yelp. Community Coordinators are driven, self-motivated, charismatic, and organized as they’re tasked with wrangling a slew of to-dos both on- and off-line, from writing to marketing!
Community Managers in over 100 Yelp communities are responsible for marketing, PR, other social media outlets, event planning, e-newsletter campaigns, and various odds and ends on the local level — but they can’t do it alone! Community Coordinators play an integral part in supporting activities designed to rally the Yelp community both online and off.
Where You Come In:
- You will write locally compelling newsletters weekly as well as persuasive pitches to newsletter sponsors and more!
- You will take part in marketing outreach and connect with the right local organizations, as well as barter weekly newsletter sponsorships for promotion of Yelp.
- You will conceptualize, negotiate, plan and execute cool, fun and buzz-worthy (big wow factor!) events/parties.
- You will be accountable with stellar communication to your Community Manager, interns and those who support you at Yelp HQ.
- You will help develop, organize and execute marketing events (parties, happy hours) and guerilla marketing programs (festivals, street ambushes, etc).
- You will co-manage social accounts.
- You will help keep Yelp clean with on-site projects, writing and researching.
- You will take part in online community building.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You love to write! You have a strong writing background and ability to meet deadlines
- You are a social connector. You are the hub of your social world. You know everyone. Everyone knows you. The fun one. Diplomatic, too.
- You consider yourself a marketing maven. You have an ability to plan, build and execute marketing partnerships with community organizations and events. You are Creative. Outgoing. Social.
- You reside in Houston area and consider yourself a local expert.
Other fun requirements:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree preferred OR GED/HS Diploma.
- You are currently living, eating, breathing (or working) in Houston.
- You have experience with social networking, social media, guerilla marketing tactics, and event planning.
- You have flexible hours - up to 19 per week.
- Community Coordinators must be 21+ and have reliable transportation and own laptop.
Ready to apply? Submit the following (all required):
- Cover letter/note showcasing your writing skills and general personality and style.
- Resume showcasing your relevant experience.
- A link to your (full and interesting) Yelp profile – this is your writing sample, so make it snappy!
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top